"Mose Emmanuel"
Our mom was pregnant we just found,
She told four boys and me.
Another boy? There was no way!
A girl it had to be!
We tried to think of different names,
Penelope or Sue,
But Mom warned me that we might need,
Not pink booties, but blue!
The clinic where the gender's told,
I went with Mom and Dad.
The nurse examined Mom's new babe,
A girl who'd make me glad!
I sat on chair, tried not to squeal,
I shaked and quaked with joy!
But on the screen there had appeared,
Not little girl but boy!
I sat and cried as Mom looked on,
I cared not who could see.
This little babe was not a sis,
But brother soon to be!
Now, when I sat and wrote this down,
I watched my brother play,
And wandered back to when we met,
And I said he could stay.
The twenty-sixth of day so bright,
The day my brother came.
At ten o'clock we got the call,
We've never been the same!
I went to meet my brother Mose,
And hold him in my arms.
He had a head of dark, spiked hair,
Just one of many charms!
I sat and cried as Mom looked on,
I cared not who could see,
This little babe was not a girl,
But brother mine to be!
I sat in tears as I realized
How foolish I had been!
This little treasure from above,
Was now my closest kin!
No comments:
Post a Comment